Nylon Locking Nuts 20mm BZP | Pack of 25
- Size: 20mm
- Material: Steel
- Bright Zinc Plated
- Corrosion Resistant
- Quantity: Pack of 25
This product qualifies for FREE UK DELIVERY - see details below
We also have Great Deals on:
Hex Nylon Lock Nuts:
These 20mm nylon lock nuts differ from standard hex nuts in that they have a nylon insert located within the nut. The nylon insert is positioned in a tapered section located at the back end of the nut.When you install a nylon lock nut onto a threaded stud or bolt, the nylon insert wraps tightly around the threads and locks the nut in place.
This gives a nylon lock nut a distinct advantage over a regular lock washer in terms of hold integrity - especially when the bolt or stud is subject to vibration. The nylon lock nut is unaffected by vibration and provides a more secure hold.
How to use a Hex Lock Nut:
- Thread the lock nut onto the bolt and turn the nut clockwise until it no longer turns. This will be the point at which the nylon insert contacts the top thread of the fastener.
- Place the socket that matches the nylon lock nut onto the drive ratchet.
- Carefully slide the socket onto the nylon lock nut and turn the handle of the ratchet clockwise to turn the lock nut onto the fastener. You should feel some resistance from the lock nut as you turn it onto the fastener. This is due to the nylon insert mechanics and is completely normal.
- Continue to turn the ratchet handle until the lock nut seals tightly against the surface of the material.
- Inspect the insert to ensure that it is intact after installation.
Bright Zinc Plated Protection:
These Nylon Lock nuts are BZP plated for maximum longevity. They have been coated with a corrosion resistant bright zinc plated finish for protection. They have a shiny silver/ golden appearance which is commonly referred to as clear or yellow zinc respectively. This technology is crucial in helping to prevent galvanic corrosion by insulating steel nuts from aluminium surfaces.
Galvanic corrosion, often referred to as Bimetallic Corrosion, is an electrochemical process whereby a metal corrodes quickly when it is placed in electrical contact with another metal in the presence of an electrolyte. In the British climate BZP is essential for outdoor work.
Grease Monkey Direct serving Britain, The UK and Northern Ireland. To browse and purchase more products and view our current discounted, for sale and clearance offers please go to the GreaseMonkeyDirect.com home page.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.